The management and operating principles that we apply in our business, which we strongly believe contribute to our current success, are as follows:
• A lean overhead structure with quality of people and resources as the main emphasis.
• Focus on the needs of our customers to ensure the highest service satisfaction levels possible.
• Ethical and honest business principles in all activities.
• Direct involvement, on all levels of interaction, between Faith Wheels’ management team and our customers to ensure minimal delays in problem solving and day-to-day operations.
• Effective and streamlined systems and procedures in all departments which are customer-focused and add quality and value to the business.
• Well managed and effective accounting and administrative systems.
• Leading communication structures between the operations management team, drivers and customers using on-vehicle cellular phones as well as the Matrix Tracking System, incorporating GPS and GSM facilities.
• Optimal vehicle utilisation through closely monitored operating standards, scheduling and control systems.
• A high standard of preventative maintenance to ensure optimal vehicle availability and reliability.
• Stringent standards and measures with regards to legal operating in terms of traffic violations, payloads, driving hours, vehicle roadworthiness and general regulations.
• Overall approach of Responsible Care in our operations to ensure the safe delivery of customers’ goods.
• Constant focus on training provided to drivers and staff, with an emphasis on safety management, specifically the transportation of hazardous chemicals and fuels.
• Applying our own experience and expertise to carefully assess and calculate contract rates so as to ensure market-related competitiveness and consistent, sustainable profitability.
• Optimal payload technology to ensure market competitiveness.
• Quality drivers who are fairly remunerated in relation to their value add to the company.
• Application of the Quality Management System of Sasol, SQAS and adhering to all aspects of SHEQ requirements (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality).
• Retaining a well-balanced insurance portfolio, covering all areas of risk.
• Our equipment is comprehensively insured and underwritten.
• All aspects of insurance are covered, including fire, theft, hijacking, accidental damage and replacement as well as SASRIA.
• We have Limited General/Tenants/Property Owners Liability Cover and Carrier’s Liability Cover which includes incident management to the point of complete rehabilitation.
• Our Insurance Portfolio also makes provision for Goods in Transit Insurance.